Sunshine Fresh Produce
Recipes founded by All recipes
Cucumber Daikon Relish
* 2 Sark's Sunshine Pickling Cucumbers (peeled, halved, seeded)
* 2 teaspoons sea salt
* 8 ounces Sark's Sunshine Fresh Daikon (peeled, cut in 2 x 1 inch sticks)
* 2/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Toss cucumbers with sea salt in colander. Place colander over bowl and let stand 15 minutes. Rinse the Sark's Sunshine Fresh Pickling Cucumbers. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Place Sark's Sunshine Fresh Daikon sticks in medium bowl. Cover with water. Soak 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Stir vinegar and next 3 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Add cucumbers and radish; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Recipes founded by All Recipes
Recipes founded by Food Network
* 18 fresh Sark's Sunshine Fresh Okra pods (sliced 1/3 inch thin)
* 1 tbsp. olive oil
* 2 tsp. kosher salt
* 2 tsp. black pepper
Pre- heat the oven to 425 degrees. Arrange the Sark's Sunshine Fresh Okra slices in one layer on a foil lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Recipes founded by Epicurious
Fennel, Sunchokes, & Apple Salad
* 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
* 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
* 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
* 2 tbsp. chopped fennel fronds
* Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
* 8 radishes, trimmed & very thinly sliced
* 6 Sark's Sunshine Fresh Sunchokes, peeled & very thinly sliced
* 2 gala or fuji apples, cored & very thinly sliced
* 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, cored, and very thinly sliced
In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, chives, and fennel fronds to make smooth vinaigrette. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
Add radishes, Sark's Sunshine Fresh Sunchokes, apples, and fennel. Toss well, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day, to allow the flavors to come together. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Lemon Grass Tea
* 3 stalks of Sark's Sunshine Fresh Lemon Grass
* Raw honey
In a large teapot, combine the Sark's Sunshine Fresh Lemon Grass with about 6 cups of rapidly boiling, fresh water. Cover the teapot with a thick towel and allow to steep for 5 to 10 minutes, or until very aromatic. Pour into teacups, sweeten with raw honey, if desired.
Recipes founded by Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission
Thai Hot & Sour Soup with Shrimp
* 5 cups Chicken broth
* 2 stalks Sark's Sunshine Fresh Lemongrass, cut into 2' pieces and crushed 3 kaffir lime leaves
* 1/2 can straw mushrooms
* 1/2 lb. medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 3-5 Sark's Sunshine Fresh Thai chilies (crushed)
* 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
* 1 tbsp. fish sauce cilantro leaves
In a medium sauce pan, bring the chicken broth, Sark's Sunshine Fresh Lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves to a boil. Let them simmer for 10 minutes until the flavor comes out. Add straw mushrooms and shrimp. Immediately turn the heat off and crushed Sark's Sunshine Fresh Thai chili, fish sauce, and lime juice. Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Recipes founded by Corrin Produce Sales Inc.
Frozen Chocolate Dipped Champagne Grapes
* Sark's Sunshine Fresh Champagne Grapes
* 1 bag milk chocolate
Cut the Sark's Sunshine Fresh Champagne Grapes into mini bunch sizes and dip them into a bowl of melted chocolate dip and freeze until the chocolate hardens on the grapes.
Chinese Eggplant with Garlic Sauce
* 4 Sark's Sunshine Fresh Chinese Eggplant (halved lengthwise and cut into 1 inch half moons)
* 3 tablespoons canola oil
* 1 cup water
* 3 tablespoons garlic powder
* 5 teaspoons white sugar
* 1 teaspoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Heat the canola oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook and stir the Sark's Sunshine Fresh Chinese Eggplant until soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in the water, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Cover and simmer until all the water is absorbed. Meanwhile, mix sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and oyster sauce in a bowl until sugar and cornstarch have dissolved. Stir sauce into the eggplant, making sure to evenly coat the Sark's Sunshine Fresh Chinese Eggplant. Cook until the sauce has thickened.
Recipes founded by Saveur